posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Amateur Radio - to get weather info, access mail etc?

Brian Whatcott wrote in
:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:05:22 -0500, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

It would probably be better for you to google with
ham test general than to continue correcting people
with out of date info.
Brian W

Perhaps you should have read the rest of the replies
correcting my reply before providing the same
answer 2 times.

-- Geoff

Hehe....if you had listened the first time instead of contradicting,
you wouldn't be on the defensive now? :-)

Brian W

Hey, you're the one who's jumping down my throat for asking someone to
correct me. When someone says "Please correct me if I'm wrong", that
should imply that they're open to correction and that one shouldn't take
the statement as fact.

You seem to imply that one should research questions before posting them.
I had researched this a while back and things appear to have changed since
then. The fact that I haven't kept up with all of the regulation changes
in the ham world shouldn't be a major offense in a boating/cruising forum.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org