Rick Tyler

Default Titebond II

On 14 Oct 2003 05:36:38 -0700, (Backyard
Renegade) wrote:

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...
Brian Whatcott ) writes:

It claims to be the strongest wood glue - and water resistant too,
but not for use below the water line.

shear strenth 3,750 psi. water resistent but not waterproof. pot life
indefinite. clean up with water before it sets.

And if it gets wet, it turns to runny snot. The stuff is just not for
boats and if you call the manufacturer they will tip toe around the
subject... Knowing you should not use it, but hoping you will buy it
anyway.

Is it possible you are confusing Titebond with Titebond II? I've used
Titebond II on outdoor furniture without problems. I wanted to pull
apart a Titebond II joint and it finally came loose after I soaked it
in a bucket for two weeks. Regular yellow glue would not have been
that tenacious.

No, I do not use Titebond II for structural applications on boats.

- Rick Tyler
--
"Ignorant voracity -- a wingless vulture -- can soar only into the
depths of ignominy." Patrick O'Brian