Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default How many DC amps is too much

Be patient Richard. You got my curiosity up about this last year and as
usual I have gone a bit overboard. Finished the vacuum insulated fridge
last month and have been running tests recirculating water through a 55
gallon barrel. I have one Hobo monitoring interior temps of the freezer,
fridge and ambient. The other Hobo is hooked up to hall effect sensors to
monitor amp draw of the two BD50s. I am running the compressors off a 90
amp 13.5V power supply as the batteries are not installed yet.

I can control almost all the variables but the ambient temp and so far it
has not been high enough to get any usable results. Right now, with an
average ambient of about 58F a basic ice melt test indicated R30 for both
the fridge and freezer. I am drawing 18AH/day on the fridge maintaining 34F
to 38F. The freezer is drawing 21AH maintaining 5F. You will have to
wait until June when I can get several days in the 90s to get any usable
numbers. Then I can give you a complete set of numbers for 3 or 4 days.

You will have to wait until this time next year to get actual at sea
numbers.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com