posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Amateur Radio - to get weather info, access mail etc?

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:00:27 -0500, Geoff Schultz
wrote:

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in
:

The code tests went away last March so it is fairly easy to get a
General now.

With all the alternatives available these days the main reasons to get
a license is the camaraderie of the several nets working on the
amateur bands and the use of Airmail.

==
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the General class still
requires the code test and a Tech class (which does't require code) isn't
sufficient for AirMail.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org

It would probably be better for you to google with
ham test general
than to continue correcting people with out of date info.

Brian W