Brian Whatcott

Default Titebond II

On 14 Oct 2003 02:19:04 GMT, (William R.
Watt) wrote:

Brian Whatcott ) writes:

It claims to be the strongest wood glue - and water resistant too,
but not for use below the water line.

shear strenth 3,750 psi. water resistent but not waterproof. pot life
indefinite. clean up with water before it sets.

shear strength of epoxy is 15,000n psi and its waterproof.

It happens I volunteered to reinforce the folding leg joints on some
church tables. To replace the two wood screws securing each saddle
on the legs, I used a metal insert with four woodscrews, and two studs
to hold each saddle. I was interested to glue the metal to the table's
underside too.
The strongest (advertized) tensile I could find in 2 part 24 hour
epoxy was 4500 psi. I usually find shear is a fraction of tensile for
the ordinary run of materials... Where did your data originate?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK