Glenn Ashmore Glenn Ashmore is offline

Default How many DC amps is too much

That was a Crosley Icyball refrigerator. A bit more complicated to use than
that. It was an absorption cycle device that you had to recycle manually
every morning. It had a little kerosene burner that kept the hot end
working.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Roger Long" wrote in message
One of the damndest things I ever saw in a museum was something called a
Shaker refrigerator. It was an insulated box with a slot in the side.
There were two metal balls, about the size of small soccer balls made of
what looked like zinc or galvanized steel with a pipe soldered on
connecting them at the top and separating the balls by about 18". You
put one of the balls in the fire and heated it up to nearly red hot.
After it cooled, you put that ball in the refirgerator and ice formed on
it for about 12 hours. Then, you took it out and put the other ball in the
fire, cooled it, and put it back in the box the other way round.

I think the balls were filled with ammonia. I suppose you could make one
of these work by putting the ball in the BBQ grill over the transom.

Clever people those Shakers. Shows how much mental energy is left over
when you aren't spending 18 hours a day trying to get into your neighbor's
wife

--
Roger Long