Terry Spragg

Default Stainless steel running gear

kim wrote:
Can someone tell me the advantages/ disadvantages of stainless steel
running gear (prop, strut, shaft, and rudder). I remembered hearing
that it was a no-no, but I have nothing to prove either way.

A boat I test drove had this installed, and it does'nt make sense why
someone would dump all this money into the running gear if it provides
no additional structural, corrosion resistance, or performance
enhancements.

Thanks!

Jewelery?

Sailing is a status sport?

Except for the elite. Ask Eienstein.

Replacement cost
/
lifetime
=
Cost effectiveness (more or less)

Vanity is a sin.

Your gavanism may vary. All metals underwater might best be all
the same alloy. Fat chance. Measure millivolts between evey
possible pair with bonding on and off. Decide on zinks / year
later.

Terry K - My email address is MY PROPERTY, and is protected by
copyright legislation. Permission to reproduce it is
specifically denied for mass mailing and unrequested
solicitations. Reproduction or conveyance for any unauthorised
purpose is THEFT and PLAGIARISM. Abuse is Invasion of privacy
and harassment. Abusers may be prosecuted. -This notice footer
released to public domain. Spamspoof salad by spamchock -
SofDevCo
rc