William R. Watt

Default Titebond II

Glenn Ashmore ) writes:

Everything else is epoxy. I use the West single lever pump and solicit
cups from all the neighbors. Large curd cottage cheese for fairing,
soft cream cheese for bonding and Jello pudding for detail. :-)

we have municipal recyling in Ottawa. we put our plastic containers in
platic bins and put them out for pickup on garbage day. so its a simple
matter of walking around the neigbourhood on garbage day looking in
people's plastic bins for plastic containers. I don't use epoxy but do
ocassionaly find need for discarded plastic containers.

Titebond is "aliphatic" glue, yellow carpenter's glue, not water
resistent. I don't know what Titebond II is but one of my home handyman
books says there is a water resistent variety of aliphatic glue available.
Maybe that's what Titebond II is.

The shear strength I posted earlier was for Titebond II from the Lee Valley
Tools glue guide. It says Titebond II is only good for 3 freeze thaw
cycles so I wouldn't use it on boats up here in Canada.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm