Glenn Ashmore

Default Titebond II

I use Tightbond II for interior cabinetry but prefer polyurethanes if
the wood will be finished bright. Squeeze out of Tightbond II
interferes with the color when you stain or varnish unless you really
sand it down well. Polyurethanes scrape off clean. In no case do I use
Tightbond outside the boat.

Everything else is epoxy. I use the West single lever pump and solicit
cups from all the neighbors. Large curd cottage cheese for fairing,
soft cream cheese for bonding and Jello pudding for detail. :-)

Jim Woodward wrote:
I, too, use it for all sorts of things, but aside from limited water
resistance, it creeps, so should not be used in applications where it
is loaded continuously.

I find that if you keep a West setup with pumps installed in a shallow
bucket and save your margarine containers, you can mix a one stroke
batch of epoxy almost as fast as you can use white or yellow glue.
You can customize the epoxy with filler, too.

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...

Brian Whatcott ) writes:

It claims to be the strongest wood glue - and water resistant too,
but not for use below the water line.

shear strenth 3,750 psi. water resistent but not waterproof. pot life
indefinite. clean up with water before it sets.

shear strength of epoxy is 15,000n psi and its waterproof.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at:
http://www.rutuonline.com