Ron White

Default Bow eye repair

Not knowing what type of boat boat you have, row,sail , power, ect, I would
not know how wood replacement will do, but for bow eyes, I like soild
fiberglass, no wood. On some boats the bow eye is the principal means of
holding the thing on it's trailer and even if a trailer is not in your
picture, the bow eye is what is usually used to pull boats off a grounding
of tow back to dock after a breakdown. I want a bow eye that can handle some
heavy duty pulling on. So consider, solid glass and install eye with a
metal, ( ss) backing plate.

--
Ron White
My boatbuilding website is: