Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

On 2008-03-21 13:05:55 -0400, Larry said:

Bill Gates pays SSI, but only on the first $50K of his billion dollar
income. His Social Security tax is only on the first 3 hours of every
month's wages. The rich don't pay SSI on the other 99%. Their
payments are only about $6000/month after they're 62 from a lifetime of
bumping this arbitrary limit to prevent the collection of the SAME
15.7% of GROSS income I paid all my life. Isn't that fair?

No, it's NOT.

I disagree with you freely when I disagree with your conclusions, but I
agree wholeheartedly with this.

"Social Security" taxes are the most regressive in the world, taxing
the poor and middle-class far more than the rich.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD