Mike

Default Bow eye repair

I have a 73 Starcraft fiberglass boat on which the bow eye was beginning to
pull through. Upon further inspection I found that the wood on the inside of
the hull had disintegrated. I removed the fiberglass covering where the wood
used to be and removed all the wood particles. There is no more wood in the
area.

I intended to repair it by making a new piece of wood approximately the same
dimensions as the old one then fiberglassing over it before attaching the
bow eye.

Do I need to put fiberglass resin, epoxy or sealant between the new wood and
the inside of the hull? Should I fiberglass over the new wood before
bolting the eye on or after? Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Mike