posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default Amateur Radio - to get weather info, access mail etc?

I am an electrical engineer and could quite easily get a licence for
amateur radio.
Does it pay off if I'd do that to access weather charts etc on a boat -
this year in Europe, both on inland waterways in France and in the
eastern North sea (between Germany, Denmark and Sweden)?

Apart from a transceiver I have a Mac that should decode the signals
without any extra hardware with MultiMode
(http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/multimode.html).

Or are other options better?

TIA

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com