Backyard Renegade

Default Opinion Sought - Derision Begins.....

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message link.net...
Yes, the "PC" I mean, appears, from the spelling to be you. I've had my say
and don't intend to comment further on it.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should mention that a couple of
years back, after some discussion off list, I turned Per down on an
idea he had about forming some kind of partnership to allow him a
platform to market in the US. Seems that starting a small boat
business is difficult where he is due to regulation, space, shop and
other things. Although this is only assumption, I was also under the
impression that he may not have had access to a shop at the time.

Although I tried to, in a respectful manner, get him to understand
that I felt there might be a place for his technology in the boat
business, however I did not see where it could do anything but slow
things down for those of us build S+T boats under 15 feet that need
very little if any interior framework as structure. That if I did go
through all the trouble of plotting, drawing, cutting and assembling
the framework he suggests, (requiring a computer, cad program, CNC
machine etc.) I could have already built the boat, using S+T
methodology (requiring a bevel, batten, saw, hammer, scribe, and
ruler). Then of course I would remove and discard that framework later
anyway. He still insists that his offset 90 degree framework creates
efficient spaces for foam in a boat, even small ones, but I want to
store more than foam. My opinion is that it would create nothing but a
mess of edges and blind spaces that would have to be dealt with or
removed. I had many more questions, but I see no need to continue the
list here. He obviously did not take well to being turned down and
soon thereafter started with the derogatory remarks and name calling,
focusing in on Payson (a friend), Bolger, and an un-named "hippie"
builder that seemed to have a great resemblance to me? That is when I
started getting into it, "on list". I used to have a lot of respect
for Per, even defended him several times, even recently after
suffering previous attacks, only to be chopped off later at the knees,
again.

For the record, I do not always suggest one type of building although
admittedly, I get involved in more conversations about stitch and tape
as that is my best suit. To the original poster, I hope this answers
your question, and as with the original poster, this is the last I
will say to this subject.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com