Larry Larry is offline

Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

Martin Baxter wrote in :

I'd be there if I could, but I work for a university, damn students need
me here, of course if it weren't for them I wouldn't have a job.

I used to teach electronics at Sumter Technical College, Sumter, SC, back
in the 70's. The faculty always used to say, "This would be a great place
to work if it weren't for the damned students.".....(c;

Same idea....

It was a great time. For a 12 month contract, in 1971, I was paid the
princely sum of $7200. A new president was hired and he called me into his
office one day to tell me he was ashamed of my paycheck and I was raised up
to $14,400, effective immediately.

I, obviously, didn't teach for the money. We were treated well as long as
we didn't want to get paid. It was the best job I ever had. Dr Hu,
department head of Environmental Health (a buzzword that means ****plant
operators license course), used to hang a sign on his door:

"SALARY EQUALIZATION DAY"
"I will return Monday 8AM"

This sign was on his door every Friday I can remember...(c;

Industrial Trades instructors were more expendable so we didn't dare.....