Don White Don White is offline

Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/

My dock is locked up in 3 feet of ice, there's a couple of feet of snow
on the ground, the wood stove is chugging along and you go and post
this!

You are one nasty ******* ain't ya? ;-)

Cheers
Marty

Could be worse...here's the state of boating a couple hundred miles north
east of me.
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia...rry-emerg.html

Yeah, I've been following that on CBC the last few days. Followed the
track of the Luis S. St-Larent on this
site:http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

If you zoom in and scroll down you get a list of ships, click on the ship
name and you get a plot of it's positions in the last few days.

I expect to see the Griffon near my front door soon, (at the outlet of
Lake Ontario), the seaway system is supposed to open on Saturday and
there's still a lot of ice out in the main shipping channel.

Cheers
Marty

Yeah that $%^%$ Seaway! ;-)
My dad was a longshoreman here in Halifax and that seaway sure took a lot
of port traffic from here..... summers were lean from the mid 50s' onward
until the container traffic really mushroomed.