cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Man, we should be SAILIN'!

Larry wrote:

Oh, they race with no wind at all! I'm just jealous because on those days
we can't get the Amel beastie over the damned start line, to speak nothing
of how to get her around the bouys....(c;

The real sailboats go flying off, leaving us to ourselves, then come
ZOOMING by, pointing and laughing, as they cross the finish line from
behind us. That doesn't bother us much because we're usually working on
our 3rd coffee pot of Bloody Marys by then...(c;

My begging to leave just a FEW of the toolboxes on the dock go
unanswered....just enough so you can see the top edge of the antifouling
paint underwater....

"Do we REALLY need all 200 gallons of fresh water just to hose down a few
glasses if we run out?" "We're stocked to make BERMUDA without running out
of anything!"

...."Pass me that nice cheeze, will ya? I got crackers left and nothing to
go on them, thanks."

With our handicap, if we make it over the finish line after the committee
has packed up and sees us from the bar....we might place 3rd! They always
laugh holding their stomachs when someone runs out on the yacht club deck
and fires the finishing gun for us!

With OUR handicap they "real" racers would just smile at us on the start
line. You could almost hear them thinking, "Well, they're trying".

Then they would get home and log onto the web site for scoring and find
out we beat them after they left the lake.

Next race they weren't near as nice to us! hheehehehehehe!

Richard