posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default The Good Captain Report

On Mar 19, 10:38 am, "Bob Crantz" wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Robbie,

You need to warm up, just like your tube amp, to even measure on any scale
about tube knowledge.

Knowledge in practical usage of hi end audio gear that you've owned?
Prove it.

The channel separation of your ears isn't that great either due

to bone conduction. So tell us what you can detect.

Compared to a Bryston 4B with a SS preamp and Musical Fidelity CD
player, my tube based system creates a more 3 dimensional sound stage,
sweeter less fatiquing highs and the best midrange I've EVER heard
from a planar design. MY ears are the final decider, which is why you
have no argument of any kind and no real point.

I prefer accuracy. Precision is emotion, raw and unfiltered.

Once again you speak from ignorance. 95% of all recordings are badly
recorded, or are very flawed in the mix or worse. You want a deadly
accurate system? I already owned it. Awful unless I came across a rare
superb recording. No I have a system that is 90% as accurate but
renders lesser or older recordings far better. The result is that more
music sounds great. Keep in mind that I still own high end SS gear for
my theater and can compare. There's no doubt that the tube based gear
is simply sweeter and more musical.

What is harsh? My $39 Sanyo boom box can tame a harsh recording too!

No it can't. And you don't know what harsh means in HEA? Nuff said.

The noise comes from the tubes themselves.

It's not audible compared to the SS gear I have side by side with it.
That makes you wrong. There are hundreds of reviews of tube gear and
rarely does noise get mentioned as an audible issue. My Metis preamp
produces less noise than my B&K SS pre at max volume. Neither has
audible noise when actually playing. Sorry, you're just wrong.

You have no concept of electronics, circuitry, physics of noise or the like.
This is like Edward Teller discussing nuclear physics with a housewife.

There are guys who study numbers and think they have a clue. A ton of
bad audio gear was designed that way. The amp you listed is a great
example. Did you hear one? Do you know the intracasies of it's design
and have you experimented with it with various planar designs? Of
course you haven't. You have NO clue and NO practical experience
because you have NO gear of any worth and you listened to NO gear of
any worth.

That's wonderful! I'll be driving the same vehicles I have now 20 years from
now.

That's a drag. You have my sympathy.

In 20 years will your LGT still go 1/4 mile in under 13? The satisfaction
from my vehicles will be even more in 20 years! Economy and durability will
win in the end. Contentment is everlasting, thrills are not. Beauty and
strength are fleeting, character and principle are forged into the soul.

Yes Robbie, those tires probably cost more than my boat. You traded your
soul to get them.

Sorry....I have durability where it counts...in my family and friends.
I don't expect to give up thrills in any exchange. I also have
economy, but where it counts. So, you see...I enjoy both and my soul,
thrilled and uplifted remains intact.

The Good Captain
35s5
NY