Steve

Default Opinion Sought - Plywood Hulls

Let me clear the air.

What I ment was that I thought Garden's comment was a bit mean-spirited.

However I don't know what the situation was when it was made. Most
professionals, while sharing a mutual respect, will often issue a good
natured 'jab' at another..

Even in these forums, we find good natured ribbing along with down right
mean spirited slander. Some deserved and some to flame.

Bottom line, I usually find something worth while in boat designs regardless
of whose work it is.. (then again, I sometimes just shake my head at a few.)

I will admit that Benfords Small Ships book is more for dreaming than for
practical DIY building. The chapter covering the STUMPET that Benford
designed for Ernest Gann was of special interest to me when I was looking
for a boat well suited to cruising the waters of the Pac.NW. I saw this
boat, in the Friday Harbor but Mr. Gann wasn't around to offer a tour ;o(

Just my thoughts, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions