posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default The Good Captain Report

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Robbie,

You need to warm up, just like your tube amp, to even measure on any scale
about tube knowledge.

Well, at least your not ashamed to sound ignorant. All sound is
colored, dummy. The minute sound waves hits air it's colored.

Air in your tubes? Guess what your ears aren't perfect. They are unbalanced
in amplitude, frequency and directional response. Any audio optimization is
to your ears, not someone elses. The mechanical operation of the ear as a
speaker is fairly crude and worsens with age. All that stereo junk doesn't
fix a thing. The channel separation of your ears isn't that great either due
to bone conduction. So tell us what you can detect.

The
point of tubes IS to color sound.

Yes it is and I said so. The make great musical instrument amplifiers. Got a
whammy bar on that stereo of yours? Fuzz pedal? Do windmills with your
speakers?

Like most rank amateurs you're
utterly confused about the differences between a system that is
emotionally involving to listen to and a highly accurate system.

I prefer accuracy. Precision is emotion, raw and unfiltered.

You
also have no knowledge of how better systems tame common harsh
recordings.

What is harsh? My $39 Sanyo boom box can tame a harsh recording too!

As to noise? What noise? Measureable noise? Audible noise? My system
is isolated by power conditioners and it's own independent house
circuit that I had installed. There is no audible noise or distortion.

The noise comes from the tubes themselves. It is inherent in their
operation. Tubes are not used in low noise circuits. Prove me wrong, show
me some verifiable low noise tube circuit that have noise lower than
equivalent transistor circuits. The noise and distortion is there and you
can hear it plain as day. With no music input, turn the volume up all the
way - do you hear silence? Or noise?

Sorry. You're a Yugo owner trying to discuss M car handling. It's
leaving a visible stain on your pants and thereby exciting Ganzy.

You have no concept of electronics, circuitry, physics of noise or the like.
This is like Edward Teller discussing nuclear physics with a housewife
baking brownies. You should pull your skirt up over your head and run away
in shame.

Trading in the LGT soon, though the modified AWD is now doing in the
1/4 mile in under 13 seconds! These tires cost more than your boat!
Suzanne wants to keep it as a safe little commuter car, but we'll see.

http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p374369856-5.jpg

That's wonderful! I'll be driving the same vehicles I have now 20 years from
now.

"As I pass through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all."

In 20 years will your LGT still go 1/4 mile in under 13? The satisfaction
from my vehicles will be even more in 20 years! Economy and durability will
win in the end. Contentment is everlasting, thrills are not. Beauty and
strength are fleeting, character and principle are forged into the soul.

Yes Robbie, those tires probably cost more than my boat. You traded your
soul to get them.