posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default The Good Captain Report

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
You're waiting now for the season. If you couldn't wait you would
move to
Florida.

Why on earth would I want to trade a beautiful fall and winter season
of fun for a hot horrible season where people sail even less than here
in the winter? Kerplap!

Good point, air pollution does make for nice red sunsets. Florida is much
better than NY. Ask all the NYer's that moved there! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yes all tubes! Including the CD electronics! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Yip. Jolida, modified by Underwood. Tube output stage. I also have a
good SS SACD player, but the Jolida is far better. Tech-SMACK!

Only tubes on the output and maybe the drivers! Yet the signal originates in
silicon! Smackdown!!!!

The wall socket can be stunning too. That room is too small for
good sound.

Well then so are the sound rooms at Revel, Infinity and Martin Logan,
which I've been to. They are smaller than my 25X16 foot room, which is
now damped to perfection. Come to think of it so are the carefully
designed rooms at Sound by Singer and Wilson Audio...maybe my room is
too big! You should help those guys out! Booblair!

But your room is not carefully designed! It's a hollow concrete block
basement holding up a trailer. Your sound room is on the order of Art Bell's
trailer in Pahrump, Nevada.

So you're trading it in because it is perfect? Wait another year or
two and
you won't be able to trade it for anything, even an old rusty
pocketknife!

Trade in value against an AWD MDX is just 2000 dollars less than the
Sienna we almost bought. The only problem is that the Sienna would
have cost 2900.00 more at the time and would have had half the
features and less power! So when we trade we SAVED 900 dollars with
the Kia, had more features, a higher safety rating and no problems!

And a legacy of quality! The 900 dollars is the risk priced in! Since you're
so lucky why not drive it to Las Vegas? Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

know two people with Sienna's now. One had MAJOR front end problems
and the other got a new tranny (under warranty) at barely 30K. After
the new tranny the Sienna is still plagued by problems. Toyota has
slipped! Chazoom!!!!

I know a dozen people with Siennas. Only 2 problems total, each got the
Sienna at the fleet price!

This time get one with a cockpit larger than mine.

Still pretending to own a boat? How depressing! SLAP!!!!

It's pretend cockpit is larger than yours!

Not as good as my custom Meade I bought at CES last year.

Your right! None of my real toys are as nice as your imaginary
ones!!!!!! HoooAHHHH!

Check previous issues of sky and telescope!

And......ROYAL DELUXE SMACKDOWN DONE OLD-SCHOOL!

It feels good to give you the beatings you so badly need.

Cheers, Bob. Hope your well these days. My paper route generated an
ungodly income over the past 9 months and I'm looking to buy a 3rd
property now. So not much time to play here, but I expect during the
summer I'll post some pics and vids of our daysails and weekend trips.

Things are going well. I'm looking at picking up some work after taking
almost a year off. Over the last year I put my miles on my bike than my car
with the hopes of racing again. I rode the hardest bike race course in North
America (3x as difficult as any stage on the Tour de France) twice in a
week, twice besting my previous times from over a decade ago. My running
mileage is up too, so I'll try a full size triathalon. I've got the
landyacht set up to work out of so I can travel, climb, bike and work. I'm
down to 2 boats and one has a cockpit much larger than yours. The kids are
fine, the wife is gorgeous and we are all look forward to spending a few
more months in Europe this year. It was nice to see the America's Cup races
last year, this year I may do the running of the bulls but in the other
direction - against them.

Oh....and because I actually back up what I say....scope #1 fitted
with a D300.....this is my portable grab and go scope that I use
most...

http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p883681020-4.jpg

TOTAL AND UTTER SMACKDOWN!

That whole set up costs less than any of the scopes on my high powered
rifles, not to mention my fabulous Russian Egg collection.

Cheers, old man!

I'm not that old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA

I might be in NY this summer, maybe I could drop in and say hello. Was
Ashley Dupree as Ghost Girl?