posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz Bob Crantz is offline

Default The Good Captain Report

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
Scotty, Katy, Bob C and all the rest of my adoring fans....

The kid is fine....he'll be 4 this September
http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p813419917-5.jpg

We can't wait for the season to start.

You're waiting now for the season. If you couldn't wait you would move to
Florida.

Also finished the theater....I think I did a good job. I did it all
including the curtains.

It's definitely curtains for that system!

HD projection, 130 inch screen, SVS sound and subs. But for
music....Magnepan 1.6/QRs, Martin Logan subs, all tube electronics
including the Jolida CD player. Everything has been modified to suit
the room which is also acoustically damped.
http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p911144058-4.jpg

Yes all tubes! Including the CD electronics! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

If you like Jazz and classical, the system is stunning, but for rock I
usually use the SVS system.

The wall socket can be stunning too. That room is too small for good sound.

We're thinking of trading the Kia in because we want another AWD.
Problem is that the Kia (after 39K) has never needed a thing. We can
only go down from the Kia unless we get another perfect car.

So you're trading it in because it is perfect? Wait another year or two and
you won't be able to trade it for anything, even an old rusty pocketknife!

We're still planning on a new boat, but that's lengthy topic on it's
own.

This time get one with a cockpit larger than mine.

Here's a pic taken from our home aboard one of my new telescopes
(Celestron CPC 800) and a piggybacked camera....
http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p677285558-5.jpg

Not as good as my custom Meade I bought at CES last year.

Suzanne hit 40 years young and really worked out to get fit and trim,
probably the best shape she's ever been in. She's a babe and I'm a
lucky guy!
http://ghostlight.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p493591262-4.jpg

At 40 one has to really work out to get fit and trim? Is 40 the new 60?

It's beautiful here. The wife and kid are thriving. Life is good.

Is it as nice as Kew Gardens?

It's great to hear things have improved for you. I'm sure your arm strength
has improved greatly from tossing papers on your new route. Your new,
powerful car audio system should be able to drown out most of the car noises
in your Kia, possibly even the sounds of the axle bearings seizing. Have you
managed to hacksaw the ball hitch off of the end of your house? You don't
want some pranksters driving off with it in the middle of the night. With
the crash of the credit/real estate market have you been snapping up any
more lakefront property? Well, not to be all mean I have this gem for you
and you are one of the few to appreciate it - in fact I thought of you when
I first saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUrKCUTUSPo

Enjoy!

Amen!