Bob La Londe

Default Clark Craft - Bass Boat 16

I am looking for a narrower boat. My 18' Skeeter at 8'6" is a tight fit and
even my 20' Baker at 7'6" has quite a fight getting through some of those
back channels when the cat tails and tulies are layed down over the channel.
The 200HP Mariner helps force the boat over/thru the layed down weeds, but I
think I would do better with a narrower boat.

I think it would really benefit me in some tournaments to get into areas
where most guys are afraid to take their boats.

I definitely have considered cutting down the GV17 plans I already have.
Its still pretty wide though.

And of course there is still the obvious.... I WANT TO BUILD MY OWN....

I have priced it out, and in the smaller boats I can buy one new for the
same price (or less) as building one. I just want the satisfaction of
building it myself.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"Jacques Mertens" wrote in message
.. .
It depends what your priorities are.
That Clark-Craft design is an old one but a good hull.
That plan is for plywood on frame, a method that requires more labor and
skills.
Ask Clark-Craft if they have some recent references for that boat.
Our designs, GV17 and GV15, are very wide, the Clark-Craft is narrower. If
what you want is a narrow beam, how about our flat bottom garveys like the
GF14? They go together very fast: they are probably 10 times faster to

build
than the plywood on frame boat.
If the flat bottom is not acceptable, how about this: get the Clark-Craft
plans and adapt them to stitch and glue. The scantlings of the GV17 will
work and you have them.
The only problem is to develop the hull panels but there is some free
software out there. The Carlsson program is fine if you start with an
existing design for plywood.
PS: If you don't want to do the CAD work, I am certain that you will find
some volunteers at:
http://www.amateurboatbuilding.com/
--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
AS many of you know I have been looking at many different boat designs

for
my first boat project. I couldn't wait to complete project so I picked

up
Baker Twin Tunnel for fishing the local tournaments, but I still have

the
bug to build a boat.

I want a smaller boat for really gett into the back waters. I purchased

set of plans for the Bateau GV 17 as one option. Its got some pretty

nice
layout options, but now I am thinking smaller. I know I could copy

Fritz's
GV15 bass boat, but I am more curious about the Clark Craft.

http://tinyurl.com/q4by

Has anybody hear built this boat or know where I can find some pictures

of
it from different angles. I really would like to see a profile of the

hull
and transom. Maybe also a top view.