Brian D

Default Clark Craft - Bass Boat 16

For only 2' different, I'd go with the GV 17 if only because it is
stitch-n-tape. That Glen-L boat will take you at least 2, maybe 3, times as
long to build and will be a lot heavier. I bet the GV 17 only needs about 3
or 4 gallons of epoxy (mixed), so what are we talking here? $150? The
Glen-L boat may cost you less if you don't protect it with anything more
than paint (flames to /dev/null), but my (free) opinion is that the GV 17
would be a better build and a better boat. If you want smaller, look at the
Garvey 11 or the 12' Jon boat, the Garvey 13, the garvey 15, etc, at
http://www.bateau.com.

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
AS many of you know I have been looking at many different boat designs for
my first boat project. I couldn't wait to complete project so I picked up

Baker Twin Tunnel for fishing the local tournaments, but I still have the
bug to build a boat.

I want a smaller boat for really gett into the back waters. I purchased a
set of plans for the Bateau GV 17 as one option. Its got some pretty nice
layout options, but now I am thinking smaller. I know I could copy

Fritz's
GV15 bass boat, but I am more curious about the Clark Craft.

http://tinyurl.com/q4by

Has anybody hear built this boat or know where I can find some pictures of
it from different angles. I really would like to see a profile of the

hull
and transom. Maybe also a top view.

--
Bob La Londe