Donny

Default Another find-hooded compartment drains

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 21:10:51 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

My chain locker is self draining. I was about to bore holes in the
corners for some 3/4" through hulls and then screw clam shells on the
outside when I ran across some really neat looking hooded drains on
ebay. These things are heavy 2" wide cast and polished stainless
clamshells that are threaded on 3/4" Maralon through hulls. No exposed
screws. Missed bidding on them but asked the seller Julia Farichild, if
she had any more. It took a couple of weeks to get them but they are
just what I needed and only $10 each. That is less than through hulls
and those cheap stamped metal clamshells.

Turns out her brother makes them for a couple of production builders and
never tried to sell them outside so she is feeling out the after market
on eBay. To spare here from the spammers, if you are interested email
me and I will send you here address.

No connection, just a real neat product found by serendipity.

Glenn, and everybody, I have been dealing with Julia and Steve for a
while now, and they're stuff is absolutely first rate quality. His
welds in the stainless are some of the best I've ever seen, and I was
a rigger for a while.

I bought four heavy transom loops with nice oval faceplates for my
boat. Have yet to install them, but they are stout, perfect
cosmetically, and they were cheap.

Give them a little slack on answering, Julia's having back trouble
right now, though.

Here's a link to their items on Ebay:
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=75449472

(Not connected, just a happy customer).