Brian D

Default Epoxy Source??

I haven't used it yet. I considered it but they pointed out that it's a
"room temp" epoxy. I think the web site says 60 F somewhere. Since I can't
guarantee my shop won't drop down colder during the winter, and I'd like to
spend less on heating anyway, I stuck with System Three (pardon the pun).
Glad to hear it's very forgiving too. How does it wet out glass? Does it
roll on thin, e.g. is the viscosity thin enough to put a thin coat on?

Brian

--
My boat project: http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

"Bray Haven" wrote in message
FGCI is fine, but it is room-temperature only (60F or higher for proper
cure). Otherwise, it's fine.

Brian

Hmm, never found that. Even though I'm in FL (north), I've used it down

the 40's with great success. In fact, it's the most forgiving epoxy I've

ever
used. I've even laid up molded boats with it. Once, I mixed a batch of

2:1
backwards! No more beer with lunch ). I realized it and didn't use it,

but
it kicked and cured normally and seemed as strong as the leftovers I have

from
normal mixes. I used to be a die hard West man, then tried MAS which was

very
inconsistent (for me). Now I stick with the FGCI which is cheap and

excellent
material (no affiliation).
Greg Sefton