posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Marc Heusser[_2_] Marc Heusser[_2_] is offline

Default NiMH Rechargeable Battery Repair

In article ,
"Armond Perretta" wrote:

Sorry for crosspost but r.b.e doesn't seem to see much traffic these days.

I am trying to rebuild several old handheld VHF battery packs that seem no
longer commercially available. ...

Problem is I am not at all sure how to secure a conductor from "plus" to
"minus" with the cells to make a strong and long-lasting series connection.
Is there some kind of conductive adhesive or conductive film that can be
used for this application? Larry, where are you when we need you (weak
humor)?

Conductive adhesive does not work for these currents.

Get them from a manufacturer's distributor - they will weld them with
strips in any shape you like, or even have them in your desired shape.
By far the best option.

HTH

Marc

--
remove bye and from mercial to get valid e-mail
http://www.heusser.com