Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default A Thousand Dollar Gold Today

BrianH wrote:
Larry wrote:
Dave wrote in
:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:30:53 +0000, Larry said:
VAT is piled upon EVERY link in the money exchange chain from the
mine to the
consumer, multiplying its real percentage into the price the consumer
pays many times over.
So, Larry, you think that if the VAT rate is 20%, and I buy parts for
$.80 and resell the assembled product for $1.00, I'm going to have to
collect and pay over to the guvmint $.20 in VAT?

Rolled into the price outside the USA. Every point on the chain from
when they dig it out of the ground where money changes hands, VAT is
added and rolled into the price when it goes up the chain.....

I had hoped someone better versed in economics in general and VAT in
particular would correct this false premise - but see that I will just
have to step in ...

[snip VAT explanation]

Thanks Brian, I was afraid I'd have to do it. ;-o However it will not
assuage Larry's fears vis-a-vis Machiavellian monetary conspiracies.

Cheers
Marty