johnh

Default ReVolting question

12v powered LCD are very common, but do you know of one that will run off of
the 11 to 14.8 that comes off of a house bank when low or when charging?
Let me know how it works out.

"G.rivera" wrote in message
t...
There are flat screen LCD's which already use 12 vdc - just look around I
plan to use one directly to house power - as far as tower vs laptop -

still
think laptop (for size) is the best bet - a little more $$$ however easier
to transport smaller foot print more adaptable to 12 vdc and sometimes

more
powerful than tower - also less energy - had both tower and laptop on last

3
yr trip and only used tower in marinas
"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
link.net...
Here's hoping someone in these groups has already done this...

I know that the typical computer power is 12v to most drives - but much

less
to other components.

I'm thinking about a flatscreen monitor and a desktop for onboard
computing/DVD watching, vs a laptop, but wouldn't do it if I had to do

the
inverter route.

Anyone modified flatscreen and desktops to take 12V - and actually get
*that* much vs full charged voltage?

Thanks.

L8R

Skip