Gregory Hall Gregory Hall is offline

Default A Thousand Dollar Gold Today

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:48:04 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

I suppose you think that $3-6 trillion spent on a war of
choice is preferrable to health care for all Americans... I know where
I'd
rather see my money going, and it isn't to Saudia Arabia.

This is an argument we see over and over ad nauseam--the guvmint should
spend money on the program I want because that's better than spending it
on
X.

The technique relieves that proponent of having to justify on its own the
program he wants, or to consider the possibility that perhaps we'd be
happier if the guvmint didn't spend the money on either program, and
didn't
take the money out of our pockets in the first place.

I don't think there's much in the way of argument about which is better to
spend money doing. Unless of course you think war is preferrable to
healthy citizens.

Tell me, please what's so healthy about citizens taking large doses of
LSD???

--
Gregory Hall