Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default A Thousand Dollar Gold Today

wrote in message
On 14 Mar., 14:34, DoctorD wrote:
Rich:

On www.worldwide-tax.com/ I found
that of 59 countries represented, 35 had income tax rates the same or
higher than in the US. Some were as high as 59% (Denmark).

Are you aware that the danes are also the most happy people in the
world ?

For "confirmation" check this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5224306.stm

This suggests the conclusion: The higher tax - the happier people.

Off course it is not as simple as that - and yes we all want more
money to ourselves - but allthough this might seem crazy to some, the
point is, that tax is not nesisarily wasted money, but it makes it
possible for the government (if it is not to corrupt) to create a
society worth living in.

george

From what I've read, it's more about low expectations rather than a
"society worth living in" in combination with a responsible society. Not to
discount the latter of course....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com