Dany

Default Yacht Design School

I have a Bsc in mechanical eng and I wanted to learn more about small craft
design
(not only yachts) the price diefference between westlawn and MacNaughton
is very big that the reason I wanted to get some more information about
MacNaughton.
thanks
dan

"Michael Porter" wrote in message
"Brian D" wrote:

I'd rank the Landing School (if you can afford a year off) and Westlawn
higher. Westlawn (now run by Dave Gerr) is now associated with the

American
Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) and was previously associated with the
National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) ...two huge greats in

the
boat industry.

snip I agree

Two states now require the naval architecture PE. Others may follow.

Actually, almost all states do -- now that there is a PE exam, naval
arch falls under the def of engineering, which is quite broad in most
states. Maine has just passed a law exempting work on boats under
200', RI (and maybe one other state) explicitly exempts naval arch,

I would not want to be starting out now without an engineering degree.

Cheers,

Michael Porter

Michael Porter Naval Architect / Boatbuilder
mporter at mp-marine dot com
www.mp-marine.com