P.C.

Default P.C. Idears

Hi

"Don" one-if-by-land.concord.com skrev i en meddelelse

Not at all.
Per has suggested sheet steel and plywood.
Many other materials can be implied including composites.
For what its worth, I saw a *new* material recently, 2 sheets that when the
sheets are pulled away from each other it automatically creates *webs*
(structural) in between the sheets (sort of like corrugated cardboard or
luan doors).
As I've said all along Per has simply suggested a *way* to do things, and
has implied the materials.
I'm suggesting that the method AND the materials are yet unknown.
Face it, to chastize Per is to spit in ones own face as he is speaking of
the future and none of know what that holds.
As for me I will continue to observe and be skepticle of all things, and I
will try to hold my tongue regarding things I am not an expert on.

Today when somone want to drill thru 3 inch steel , you rather send the piece to
a shop where a water or laser cutter do the job, ----- if holes is what you ask
then 500 holes is no problem , if square holes no problem . the water jet or
laser don't requier as expensive drills and work much more smooth , acturly this
is how most water cutters is used ; for "dumb" work where you need 3000 squart
washers , the same water jet that can drill your holes, do the washers, or
whatever you can make the jet follow.
This is where building elements can be made cheaper, as there are a cost pr.cut.
feet and realy that cost is quite low. -------- now any sense mashin shop will
ofcaurse resell the steel you need and make that profit ontop, but I heard about
several steel mills that to provide the extra service, sell rough quantities
ready rough cut , this is only a question of time.
Anyway try check this small movie where you se a laser cutter working , cutting
down to 1/10 millimeter accurancy ;
http://www.abj.dk/ab/laser.rm
Now what you se here is a relative small cutter, but for a decade shipyards been
cutting steel sheets by drawing a chalk line that two photo-electric sensors
made the flame cutter follow , --- guess for some 50 years . And it is these
huge benches that is now replaced with CAD driven water cutters, that will
produce any assembly in sheet steel.
But this is just one out of many applications, where a computer drawing directly
show the cutter how to cut the pieces ------- the only new thing is now a methos
that ensure a simple 3D puzzle from the pieces cut.
Now this can be a way for big buisness to sell steel , as if you are building a
steel structure, you don't need to emty the shelfes or store on shelfes , the
special fittings you will need ; you need a special fitting the cutter produce
it when and where you need it numbered .
About 3D-H I think there are just a few facts that shuld tell why, --------
first fact is that if you can put Solids together on a computer screen, you can
press a button , and the program will generate the full assembly, but realy you
do not need a "program" to do this. Acturly most of the structures I showed, is
done "by hand" , section by section and realy , it wasn't that big or difficult
a task. But what the method call on, is another way to project that is realy
easier than how it's done today. Problem thoug is, that you can emagine micro
structures that made right could make the space shuttles a cooling element
,making a space jurney as safe as a trip in a row boat, but in the other end of
the possible structures to make self carrying , you must emagine huge steel
structures , where just the different distribuation of connecting fittings, will
make any structure that much stronger ; --------- I use to point to the fact,
that when the Towers fell due to a construction fact , the trusses and knee's
that eventualy failed, ---- then 3D-H will build a Tower without just these
trusses and knees, sot a 3D-H structure Tower would not lose the floors as the
old ones did.
Beside while I am here, 3D-H will perform a fireprove idear, that is to
difficult in a tradisional building structure, but with 3D-H these issues get
helped by the fact structure , and the way things is put together.
But please don't restrict your emagination to thin robbons and already weak
structures,
3D-H or somthing develobed from that idear, can build from "sheet material" with
a simple one function robot , -------- what you shuld know about 3D-H is also
that both strength structure aswell as the paneling, are made from same
material.You don't need 20 different types of ribs, sheets or whatever, but one
thing is very typical for this method ; you do not bend one single piece. Now
maby yoy think "then what", but this mean no fiddeling. Flat pieces will form
the ribs for a round building without any piece bend.
P.C.