Brian D

Default What after you're a naval architect?

I like the remark about good relationships with customers ...it applies to
customers, co-workers, bosses, people at other companies. Don't forget
Jimmy Durant's famous quote, "Watch out who you step on as you climb to the
top, you'll meet them all again on the way back down."

Brian

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
I think the ideal carreer path would be to get a job in engeneering and
production management with a builder for a few years to get an idea what
works and what dosn't on the plant floor and then look for a position
with a design shop to gain the design and business skills. All the time
keep the very best relationships with the customers. You will need them
if you eventually go out on your own.

Marco wrote:
Hallo!
I graduated in Naval Architecture and I'm working with ships, but my

passion
for sailboats is always alive...
If I wanted to get some sort of degree in yacht design what should I

head
to? Are there any master degrees? Or should I better get experience with

my
degree?
Here in Europe I just heard of one master, but it looks to be tailored

for
designers and architects who want to learn about boats, not for marine
engineers who want to learn what's different between a ship and a

yacht...
I'm waiting for a good idea!!!!
Bye!
Marco