Dazed and Confuzed

Default P.C. Idears

"P.C." wrote:

Hi

"Syd Mead" skrev i en meddelelse
newsqMeb.10238$Rd4.9175@fed1read07...
This thread was brought in from rec.boats.building. so **** off. Also
Per's "3D-H" topic has more in common with
boats than architecture anyway.

"Dazed and Confuzed" wrote in message
be limited to the
*architectural* field.

Please take the time to not cross post to rec.boats.building!
Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.......

Now even I already exchoused to the group about the cross posts, I must say I
agrea with Syd , as the boatbuilding group already for a decade been dealing
with the cheapest materials and the simplest plans , -------- and the issue I
try bring to replace all to old designs shuld not be met with a reply that by
core deal with a conservative aproach saying, that the future for amature
boatbuilding is old drawings and old attitude with old fasion tools .
From my aproach just amature boatbuilding ,shuld deal with somthing exiting and
somthing that shuld bring a plesant result even you are an amature builder.
Also 3D-H origine in boatbuilding , and when everyone want a mini trawler or a
smooth but easy build and cheap fancy sailboat, no one do anyone any faviour
omiting the fact that today's race sailboats look just like the first
experimental Cyber-Boats.
Realy the credit shuld open some new options and possibilities and those who
followed this forum know, that boatbuilding alway's been a valuable source for
develobment within architecture. ---------- Atleast those parts of
boatbuilding, that been the fuel for creativity and joy. Bad that the
Cyber-Boat concept stopped just then, but this was my try to bring somthing new
and even more exiting, than the attitude of popular mechanics back 40' and 50' .
I mean this is more than 50 years ago and today you don't need to place a nail
in endwood and make a patch to hide bad craftmanship, today you can combine
first class projecting of whatever beautifull boat hull shape, and do not need
to build a box as it is to difficult to work with the skills only a profesional
boatbuilder spended years to gain, --------- today technology open a complete
new field for creativity, and as Syd point out, new materials show even cheaper
than the ply used is these old plans.
P.C.

so have you built anything using your method? a model? anyything?

--
Beer, it's not just for breakfast anymore.......