Old Nick

Default boat fairing need low price sand paper

On 1 Oct 2003 08:30:00 -0700, (Al Gunther)
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

Old Nick wrote:

Yes. I was a bit concerned about the fact that the paper was not
attached all along the board, But in the end it seemed to work OK.

The notched spreader seems a good idea. And yes. It's bloody hard
work, especially up high. I started dreaming about at "pre CNC CNC'
types of stuff, with orbitals or belts running along pre-shaped tracks

I did much the same, buying 4" wide fabric backed #40 grit in 50yd
rolls from Klingspore. Instead of staples, I used a spray adhesive
and three boards of different thicknesses. I found that having the
fabric well attached to the board was important and you really need at
least three boards. Spreading what ever you are fairing with using a
notched spreader rather than putting it on flat and then going lightly
with the boards, makes the job a lot easier and faster. I still had
to buy new sportcoats when I was through. The old ones were too tight
through the shoulders!

Al Gunther, Kingston, WA ---- 47° 48.1'N, 122° 30.0'W
http://agunther.home.donobi.net

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.
The rest sit around and make snide comments.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music
Please remove ns from my header address to reply via email
!!
")
_/ )
( )