posted to rec.boats.building
Todd Todd is offline

Default Eyebrow making question

On Mar 11, 9:32 am, "
wrote:
I am planning on replacing the eyebrow trim on my 35' sloop. The trim
needs to have a "S" curve in it, where it follows the lines of the
cabin trunk.

You'll likely want to piece it together. The sharp curves could be
sawn from pieces with the grain running 45 degrees from the longer,
more straight sections. You could also laminate up the curved
sections, still piecing together with longer, straighter sections. I
have never had much luck bending large sections of teak over small
radii, thin pieces, laminated work better.