P.C.

Default P.C. Ideas

Hi

"Ron Thornton" skrev i en meddelelse
This is not an esoteric concept. The various building materials that
could be used are obvious to me, they are just not tested yet. Per has
many times talked of various materials. As to boat building, we have
discussed plywood, sheet metal composite panels and if I understand him
correctly, even some type of particle board when it becomes advanced
enough to us in marine applications, because (good and maybe all)
plywood might be on its way out. I'm sure the guy who originally
invented the wall did not think of dry wall as a material. Materials
evolve in a construction method as it is developed for various
applications.

I can see a lot of ways to use this method. I would love to try it on a
radio controlled airplane or boat. But I am not going to invest in the
software and hardware necessary to do it without seeing it done by
someone else first. As Tom Edison bore the responsibility and reaped
the rewards of developing his design, Per has the same responsibility.
Again, I say to Per with all sincerity, BUILD SOMETHING.

Ron

I new Tom Edison. Tom Edison was a friend of mine. There are no Tom
Edison's here.

I was just about to write the group, and kind of exchouse, that a train station,
I shuld never have commented with my own suggestion, I never would anyway have
the chance to suggest, discussion in another group, couls post highrise waves by
cross post, by the reactions only.
This web thing realy became alive as my mailbox recive atleast 5000 posts a day
now.
3D-H somtimes can get out of hand , esp. when what you fancy is both good
quality and nice design, but 3D-H is ment as a new strong option, if you want a
cotteage or a sailboat, ----------- bad luck the guy who invented it, can't both
project a shuttle ,at the same time as making the subways easyer to build, so I
guess this is as far you can go, at some point you refined your goals and means
and still you havn't tied the last strains.
True ------ even this is off-topic, I think I must join with the sheet material
issue ; if you knew how cheap you can produce a boat in chipwood, and how well
performing one in even pressed heystraw sheet will perform , you realise the
fact, that some woods, is "better " than steel . Sheet material can be cut with
a jigsaw, and when you can replace trusses and hangers in a steel structure, by
one in 3D-H , the main issue will be the material charecter and ease, what's
easier than 8 bit and sheet material )
Any new alway's been an option, but when it cost one $ per cut meter , when the
method is there everywhere or just where somone rather cut with water, than
sharpening drills.
The discussion in the architect group often get out of hand , from my
posision ------- with architecture you must have the ansver already with boats
building the ansver is already there , a nice boat .
Please check a very strong and proberly not so expensive framework, for a
building that must be covered with sheet material, it's projected in 8 mm steel
sheet assembly and can easily be made hold fire proving and or heating chanels ;
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2573.html

P.C.