Al Gunther

Default Harbour Freight Vacume Pump for Vacuum Bagging

"jcassara" wrote:

Any one ever use one of these vacuum pumps to vacuum bag?

Harbor freight sells a cheap vacuum pump for less than 10

bucks. A lot less
trouble than going with the idea you are entertaining.

http://order.harborfreight.com:9100/...ht/results.jsp

This is a venturi pump that hooks to an air compressor. My experience
with the one WEST sells was that it lacked the volume capacity for
anything useful. Possibly I didn't have the right technique to seal
my edges properly but my compressor was running continuously and I
could not keep up with anything the size I was interested in.

Al Gunther, Kingston, WA ---- 47° 48.1'N, 122° 30.0'W
http://agunther.home.donobi.net