carlp

Default Polyester epoxy

If this is not a "troll", then read on:

I would have a problem with you mixing the two types of resins - I
wouldn't buy the boat. It's not because of the epoxy - I'm not
convinced that the poly should be next to the hull.

I have had great luck with epoxy staying stuck to wood. Not so with
poly - it's designed to stick to itself and fiberglass, and f/glass,
and itself. I've had delaminations occur on my tests in using poly to
stick f/g to a wood hull. It may take a few years to happen, but thats
why I wouldn't buy a used boat constructed that way
''''''''''''''''''''''''''
All your points are what I have been pondering, I will stick to the original
plan of 9mm ply recommended as per plan and sheathed in epoxy impregnated
woven cloth.
You brought back the distant memory of unpleasant smells and nausea while
using polyester and the memories are not pleasant, mind you knowing what I
know now about fumes and fresh air flow, then we all thought we were
fortresses when we were young.
I am not a stranger to boat construction wood plastic steel, even a bit of
ferocement made up twin keels Iron blocks encapsulated with cement mix and
chickens wire, these lasted very nearly thirty years, with the boat in the
water for most of the year.
Carl.