posted to alt.sailing.asa
cruisin cruisin is offline

Default 'nother boat

On Mar 10, 12:48*pm, wrote:
"cruisin" wrote in message
Congrats, Doug. *Now ya gotta tell us what you paid,

Too much, of course *

... what shape she's
in, and post a pic somewhere?

Boat's in pretty good shape, good sail inventory, OB motor fairly new
(2003). That was one reason why we got this one, I don't need more
boat projects... just wanna go sailing! However the trailer was bad
and that was a whole subject of negotiation.

Sounds like some sailin' fun coming
up! *Sometimes I really miss my Ranger 23- ah for the simple, cheap
days.

Hey, you can still go back.

We've already taken some pictures and I will definitely get some
posted.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
Rangers are nice boats! Almost bought one... a bit larger... sailed on
several 23s.

Yep, nice boats. I liked the whole Gary Mull series Ranger did 23 /
26 / 29 / 33, all were pretty good boats.

Ironically, one of the boats I strongly considered was a Ranger FUN
23, a European design (Finot) they built after the Mull Ranger 23.
It's sort of a sport boat, light, planing hull, swing keel.

DSK

So are you going to race her in the local beercans, Doug, or just Putz
around and have a good time? :0)

I'm guessing you got a nice 4 stroke, what, 8-10 horse with her? I
feel lucky to have a 2 stroke 6 horse for my dink, since they no
longer allow them in Kalifornia, but Arabella's POs drove to AZ to
score a nice`little (lightweight) Yamaha. The old Ranger 23 had an
ancient Johnson 5 horse that ran great forever, once you got it
started.
I was shocked to learn the latest owner of that old gem had to
virtually give her away, after all the $$$$ I poured into her.

You going to drysail this new beauty, or raft up to the tug for the
summer?

C'mon, give us a ballpark what a nice`Santana 23 with a cruddy trailer
goes for in your area? I'm going to guess 4K?

I do feel the impending need to simplify my life...it's hard to keep
one foot onshore and the other "out there", but meanwhile we're trying
to make the best of it!

BTW, Mr. Sails and Katy still your neighbors?

Mike