Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] Bruce in Bangkok[_5_] is offline

Default Remember the 1,000 days at sea couple ??

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:06:07 -0500, dt wrote:

Ernest Scribbler wrote:

"Roger Long" wrote

Well, the next couple years are really going to make the old adage apt for
that fellow.

One hand for the ship and one hand for yourself.

Aye. Seems he's made some new friends already:

http://1000days.net/home/index.php?o...51&Item id=70
Soanya's spirit is still on board, in our bed or perched on the gimbaled
pilot house bunk watching out the windows. Things she had to leave behind
are everywhere. Even before she left through out the voyage the spirits of
great sailors like Sir Peter Blake were looking over my shoulders saying
things like," Humph, Reid, you can do better. You have to be stronger than
that to sail a boat like this by yourself". Captain Cook dissed me. Sir
Chichester said,"Reid, lets have a sip of gin. Maybe things will go better."
I needed more support and who should come out of deep retirement wondering
where his sword and arrows were, but Ulysses.He was feeling a little testy
and said," Reid, I am here, have no fear. This is The New Voyage of
Ulysses."

Sounds like ol' Reid may have had a sip too much gin already...

DT

Much as I hate to admit it but a comment on this might be exactly
Wilbur's forte.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(correct email address for reply)