Brian Whatcott

Default Dehumidifier Compressor for Vacuum Bagging

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 19:59:40 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

/// those hermetically sealed
compressors rely on oil circulated with the refrigerant for lubrication.
I have not had much luck with them. It may work for a few hours as a
vacuum pump for a few hours but in my experience it will freze up fairly
quickly. Definitely not long enough for more than one or two bags of
slower set laminating resin.

I did get my third one to last a bit longer by spraying some WD40 into
the intake every couple of hours but it eventually froze up

What he said, with knobs on....

Brian W