Syd Mead

Default P.C. Idears

True...true....seems at this point, Per wants the credit, but not the work.
As long as it does not require more than punching a few keys in a 3D
application.
The problem was exasterbated by a few well meaning people,
who fellatiously and needlessly defend Pers ideas, enabling and keeping Per
in a constant state of delusion.
These defenders are nothing but verbal charity/welfare distributors who keep
Per resting on his
questionable laurels. It would be much more productive as you have
outlined, to encourage
Per to develob a few prototypical studies. I recall a while back Per did
produce a small speaker
cabinet, claiming it was in some way associated with what he calls 3D-H.
Don, (a draftsman/designer in alt.architecture) began calling Per "a true
visionary" etc.
It all went downhill from there.

Syd

"Sal's Dad" wrote in message
After a year or two presenting 3-D honeycomb construction to the
boatbuilding world, and generating a great deal of interest, PC ran up
against resistance. Used in a boat, such a honeycomb system could be

used
to fabricate very light, strong hulls. With modern computer-assisted

design
and cutting systems, the components could be built - fast, and (maybe)
cheap. Unfortunately, there's a wide gulf between concept and
implementation.

Pers has shown evidence that he's a skilled and meticulous craftsmen. Yet
he seemed to be asking somebody else to take the leap and build a

prototype.
Understandably, the people at rec.boats.building declined, and asked HIM

do this. A prototype, model, whatever you call it, made of "real"
materials - metal, wood, fiberglass... Without this, all the discussion

in
the world is ultimately fruitless.

After some months of resistance, and, ultimately, ridicule, PC has taken

his
crusade to a new venue - architecture. And now, the same questions are
starting to arise.

A recent quote from an architect, trying to pin PC down to specifics (on
alt.architecture)
"I don't want or need editorializing and it doesn't help your cause...
Now, separate that from my concerns, questions, etc about
construction. How
do you actually build your system?
You say it can be prefabricated and cut to suit. Fine, I can
understand
that and the principle behind your work that lets it be so, but I

still
can't
see how it's accomplished.
You need a material. After that, how is it manufactured?"

Predictably, PC did not answer these fundamental questions. He needs to
understand that, with a prototype, he will have 1,000 true believers in

his
3-D honeycomb system. In boatbuilding, architecture, or anywhere else, a
concept and a bad attitude will not get you very far.