Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Safety rail attachments?

On 2008-03-09 17:01:55 -0400, terry said:

Our 1970s Westerly Tiger has stainless steel safety rails/wires on
stanchions around the boat. At the attachment to the stern pulpit each
steel wire is fastened by a now dodgy looking probably rotting) rope
tie.

Trying not to get into the politics of the situation....

I'd replace the rope ties and be done with it. There are some good
reasons for them including being able to cut away in appropriate
situations.

That said, I have rope links between my turnbuckles and the lifelines.
Turnbuckles are easier to adjust, but the rope's easier to cut with
what I'm likely to have on hand in an emergency.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD