Paolo Zini

Default Dehumidifier Compressor for Vacuum Bagging

those hermetically sealed
compressors rely on oil circulated with the refrigerant for lubrication.
I have not had much luck with them. It may work for a few hours as a
vacuum pump for a few hours but in my experience it will freze up fairly
quickly.

I have made some experiences with recicling sealed compressors in the past.
Used as vacuum pump the compressore get hot in short time, you must cool it,
use a fan...
Before the use let it to "drink" a glass of oil and put a small tank in at
the exaust to recover the oil (else it will flood your shop...)
If you cool it and mantain the oil level it will last for reasonably long
time...
only my two cents...

Paolo