Ken Kennedy

Default Dehumidifier Compressor for Vacuum Bagging

I have an old dehumidifier that makes all the right noises, but does not
cause either of the outgoing or ingoing tubes to get hot or cold.
Perhaps the compressor is shot, or perhaps the (presumably) freon has
escaped.

If the latter case, I am contemplating cutting the tubes between the
compressor and the radiator coils, then having the compressor available
for the day I finally try a vacuum bagging.

Is there a simple, environmentally responsible way to determine if the
compressor is shot, or if the freon has escaped?
kk