William R. Watt

Default WORMS!!!

I assumed from the title this thread was about wood worms in boats so I
haven't been reading it.

People here at the FreeNet community network filtre their mail.
They've found that rejecting messages over 600 lines kept all the
latest worm mail from getting into their mailboxes.

My personal filtering strategy is to specify the mail I want to admit
instead of trying to specify all the mail I want to exclude. Much simpler.
I wrote up the strategy for my webpage. Its in file
www.ncf.ca/~ag384/elmSpamFiltre.txt. "ELM' is an old UNIX mail program
which has a built in filtre. There are lots of newer mail programs and mail
filtre programs but you don't really need them. All you need is a superior
strategy and no mail program can give you that. They're all just software
tools which allow you to implement your own filtering strategy.

Also note the warning in my signature file below.

Happy mail filtering.

I prefer to spend my time thinking about boatbuilding instead fo deleting
spam. Currently playing with the design of a 15 ft solo cruiser.
One of those "try to fit it all into a small space and budget" boats.
This one's bigger than a one sheeter. Expanding my horizons.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm