Glenn Ashmore

Default Hi Amp breaker alternatives?

Evan Gatehouse wrote:

Sounds too good to be true but not impossible either. I think Blue Sea
make a good product. Prior to them, the 100A breakers were all around
$100+. Have a product name for this car stereo breaker?

Evan Gatehouse

It is labeled "Fusion" but I think it is a generic Chinese unit. They
are sold at most of the high end car sterio places under different names
but the case is very similar to the Blue Sea except that it has a test
trip button. I played around with it and one of the Blue Seas that I
took out for the recall this afternoon. Wired them to a pair of L16s
and some heater elements and measured the current with my old trusty
Crompton Tong-Test. They both blew on about 105 amps after 1 minute for
the Fusion and 2 for the Blue Sea. Can't say how it does with an
inductive load surge as I don't want to risk burning up a brand new
windlass motor. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com