Evan Gatehouse

Default Hi Amp breaker alternatives?

Glenn Ashmore wrote in message ...

I thought I had all my high amp wiring done but there was this brand new
Harken 44 electric winch on eBay that just snuck up and picked my
pocket. Now I need to run more 1/0 and add another breaker. I was
looking for a spot to mount a Blue sea 100A surface mount when one of my
son's friends showed me a 100 amp breaker he was about to put on his
humongous car sterio. This thing looks exactly like the Blue Sea except
it has gold plated terminals rather than nickel. It is intended to
mount under the hood next to the battery so it is fully sealed. It also
sells for $11.00 as opposed to $45 for the Blue Sea.

Is this an example of the "marine markup" syndrome or is there something
special about "marine" breakers?

Sounds too good to be true but not impossible either. I think Blue Sea
make a good product. Prior to them, the 100A breakers were all around
$100+. Have a product name for this car stereo breaker?

Evan Gatehouse